Wednesday 4 August 2010

More fabric (because one can never have enough)

IMG_2619

Fabric has become a little bit of an obsession of mine.. everytime I go out, or log online I seem to accidentally buy some. This evening I took a detour on the way home to IKEA, because I wanted some of their linen. Annoyingly, I couldn't get what I wanted so it was a bit of a wasted trip, but it got me thinking. Do I actually need any?

Need no, want yes!

IMG_2621

I think these three will be perfect for my first Home Ec project (four napkins). The bluey piece also comes in pink, so I've got it on order as the fourth bit of the puzzle. Just need to get some ric-rac edging to go with it all.

IMG_2622

This piece is definitely my favourite (so much so I've reordered more without even touching the first piece). The fabric is so me! I love it teamed up with the plain linen (even if this isn't exactly the colour I want). Not sure how I'm going to use this yet, if I had my way it would be in everything! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I wish I had an IKEA near by. The closest one is Chicago, which is 2.5 hours away. I was looking at their textiles online today, and I love, love love them! I'm happy you're going to get to use them in class. -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! I love the log fabric!!!! I am having the same problem with fabric because of the Home ec class. I cannot pass a thrift or an antique store, because they "might" have some cool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars...the fabrics in the 2 photos at the bottom are unbelievably AWESOME! (I'm also in the Home Ec class). May I ask where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya :)

    They are fab aren't they! I got them from esty.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/uberstitch and http://www.etsy.com/shop/owlfabrics

    x

    ReplyDelete