Sunday 29 August 2010

Project Bunting

Woah, how busy have these past two weeks been? I've barely been home, so sadly the sewing has been neglected. I intend to make up for it this weekend! There is Formula 1 on the telly, and this makes for the perfect excuse to sit down and sew (at least this is the reason I've given to my Dad as I hog his new TV)!

IMG_2751

In my absence some fab new Christmas fabric arrived through the door, perfect in my mind for the Home Ec bunting project! I really wanted to spell out something festive like Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday, but was a bit limited by the size of the fireplace... Hopefully Noel will work just as well!

IMG_2753

All the felt came courtesy of Mum's vast craft stash. I was lucky enough to find a big wadge of the red to match my red tape, and then added the smaller green and blue circles to break things up a bit.

IMG_2754

The letters were handsketched on paper first, and cut out to make templates.

IMG_2752

I used a zigzag stitch to go round them as I find it a bit easier to control. Overall I'm very happy with the results. Roll on Christmas! :)

3 comments:

  1. great job!! i can't wait to do that project. Haven't decided what I am going to say though. I found your cute little blog on our home ec flickr thread. :) Hope you will check my blog out too. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    Libby
    www.libby-bonjour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for the holidays! My husband calls me Mrs. Claus, so I'll probably be using your idea as a decoration. Where did you get the cute Christmas fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Libby! Thanks for the comments, your blog is fab, I LOVE the coloured circles :)

    Emily, I got the fabric from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/uberstitch. It's fastly becoming a dangerous place for me to visit :)

    ReplyDelete