Tuesday 27 July 2010

She's back!!

IMG_2557

My lovely, darling sewing machine is back where she belongs AND she lives to see another day (and hopefully many more after that)...

IMG_2567

I've been given strict instruction on what thread and needles to use with her in the future (who knew it could make such a difference?!?!). Now I just need to find where I put all my machine accessories and I'm ready for my course to begin.

In the meantime I was able to finish my project from last night, turning these fab fabric squares..

IMG_2554

Into this not so little fab pincushion.

IMG_2564

All in all a good day, who knew finishing projects could be so easy. Maybe the not being at work thing is helping somewhat, I could get used to this. :)

IMG_2561

5 comments:

  1. I love the pincushion - great colors! Found your blog from the Home Ec list. Aren't you excited? -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited!

    I need to find a use for all this fabric I keep buying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pincushion too! This is great to make with leftover scraps of fabric. Do you have instructions on how to make it? I'm a newbie and I wouldn't know how to do the button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda!

    I got the pattern from here http://sewspoiled.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html It's the tic tac toe pincushion.

    The button was a set of self-cover buttons you can get from most sewing shops. I struggled with the instructions on the back, but found if you loosely sewed around the edge of the circle of fabric you can pull it to draw the fabric in (it helps to keep it in place when putting the back on).

    It makes a rather large pincushion, but that's just what I wanted :)

    Hope this helps!
    Jen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I look forward to making it!

    ReplyDelete