Saturday 24 July 2010

Project Hippo

I bought this cute little kit in the John Lewis sale (for a bargainous £4).

IMG_2426

In true Burb style, once I'd opened the box I decided that I didn't like the fabric provided, or the instructions! Ideally I would have opted to machine some bits, but as my sewing machine is still to be fixed it was all up to me and my fair hand!

IMG_2427

I think she turned out OK in the end.. annoyingly the kit only supplied enough wadding to fill the head, but I fixed this by raiding my kitchen for some pearl barley (best use for it IMO). I now have my very own hippo doorstop! :)

IMG_2439

IMG_2432

IMG_2433

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest thing! Where did you get the kit? You know we have to make a "plushie" for one of the Home EC projects -- this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete