Tuesday 19 October 2010

Christmas is almost here...

... well it isn't really, but it already feels too close for me!

I've decided to make everyone's presents this year (something I will no doubt regret later). I always get a bit worried about making gifts; will they turn out OK, will the recipient like them, will I get them done in time? Last year I was up 'til all hours on Christmas Eve, frantically printing out family calenders left, right and centre and I'm determined that this year will be more organised! Haha, yeah right..

Anyways, things have started well; here comes gift number one. Sis, look away NOW! ;)

Bag

My Sister loved the fabric that I used for the tote project in Home Ec and I was lucky enough to have some left over. I found this fab bag pattern over at sewingwithme and couldn't wait to get stuck in.

IMG_2859

It's a really cute bag, and was fairly easy to put together. I had a mild dilemma when I realised I'd cut the pattern upside down (that'll teach me for doing things late at night), and I didn't quite have enough of the green fabric for the strap (I ended up joining two pieces together).

IMG_2857

But, I'm still happy with the end result. Hopefully the sister will agree.

IMG_2856

So, the count down to Christmas has begun, anyone else making gifts this year? :)

3 comments:

  1. Your sister will love it! That fabric is so cheery, too!

    I'll be making a few gifts this year - I've been knitting a market bag for my mom for about 2 months now, and I think I'm going to sew a Stash Basket for my mother-in-law. I'd love to make ornaments for everybody, but realistically, I don't see that happening...

    I love your tag, too! Did you print that yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is so cute! Your sister is going to love it. I love making handmade gifts.

    Where did you get your "Made by" labels? I have been wanting some but I don't have the first clue where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :)

    I got them from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MommieMadeIt

    I designed mine in Illustrator first, but they have loads of options if you just want to pick something :)

    ReplyDelete